ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Using ivy to resolve in-build tools
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:27:40 GMT
:
:
> It seems that what we need is an ivy.xml just for these tools that is separate
> from the ivy.xml of the project that is being compiled.  Any help here?

The usual solution is to use different configurations. See here:

    http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/terminology.html#configurations
    http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/concept.html
    http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/tutorial/conf.html
    http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/ivyfile/configurations.html

In addition, you might want to turn the shared build-tools.xml into a
module of its own, so that its tool jar dependencies can be maintained
in one place, as dependencies of this new "build-tools" module. Then
the individual project modules can simply depend on the build-tools
module in their private "build" configuratione. If not all projects
use all tools, again you can use configurations, this time on the
build-tools module, to define different tool sets.

-- Niklas Matthies