ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From buzzterrier <>
Subject Re: How does <statues> block work in Ivy.
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:47:00 GMT

Thx Hans,

I see what you are saying about the same build number series, and in reality
my milestones will almost certainly be more recent then the release
revision; so this will be less of an issue. Although I still think that if I
request latest.milestone, then I expect to get the latest.milestone release,
not latest.whatever-is-latest.  This behavior seems to diminish the
usefulness of statuses.

Hans Lund wrote:
> You need to consider the maturity of the statues. resolving
> latest.milestone will resolve to the latest either milestone or whatever
> more mature status is 'latest' according to ivy.buildnumber.
> If latest.milestone is lets say 0.9.11 and latest.release is 0.9.13 the
> build 0.9.13 will be resolved, as using the same number series indicates
> the builds are related with shared code base. (My guess would be that
> the 0.9.11 milestone was promoted to 0.9.12 release having identical
> code)
> Having such a strategy allows you to always depend on milestone or
> better builds whichever is the newest - which is quite power full.
> OK this is actually the same answer Xavier gave, but I hope the use case
> can be help full.
> /Hans

Buzzterrier View my blog: Ordinary Average Developer...
Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message