ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From buzzterrier <terry.je...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publish is deleting other revisions
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:26:32 GMT

Hi Adrian,

I am no doubt structuring this incorrectly. My thought was that it would
work like the local ivy repos where versioned artifacts could be just thrown
into a a bucket, and you could retrieve the correct version using
latest.xxxx or by specifying a revision. To get around the deletion issue I
have restructured it to have separate directories for each revision.

C:\ivyblue\foo.bar\coreTools\milestone-1.1
C:\ivyblue\foo.bar\coreTools\milestone-1.2

Is this the recommended format for ivysvn integration?

Adrian Woodhead-2 wrote:

> buzzterrier - I am the main developer of IvySvn. The problem you are
> experiencing is in IvySvn, not Ivy. It's a "feature" that was added
> recently where a publish first clears out the folder it is being
> published to, so that any artifacts from a previous publish are removed,
> in case the files between publish operations have changed. I am in a bit
> of a rush right now but I will look into this properly on Monday and see
> what I can come up with.
>
> buzzterrier wrote:
>> Thx for the reply. I am using the Ivysvn library, and it is pretty
>> simple:
>>
>> 			<svn name="shared" userName="${svn.user.name}"
>> userPassword="${svn.user.password}" binaryDiff="false"
>> repositoryRoot="svn://subversion/ivy/">
>> 						<ivy pattern=
>> "[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/ivy-[revision].xml"/>
>> 						<artifact
>> pattern="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>
>> 				</svn>
>>

>> http://buzzterrier.blogspot.com/ View my blog at:
>> http://buzzterrier.blogspot.com/
>>

>> Gilles Scokart wrote: