ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From buzzterrier <>
Subject Re: How does <statues> block work in Ivy.
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:16:04 GMT

So, If I have a resource published with two different statuses: milestone and
release. And I have a dependency for that resource that declares
latest.milestone, then Ivy will return latest.release instead?

If that is true, then it seems counter intuitive. I would expect that if I
requested latest.milestone, and the resolver found latest.milestone and
latest.release, that it would return latest.milestone. However, if I
requested latest.milestone and the resolver only found a latest.release,
then I would expect it to return the latest.release.

Xavier Hanin wrote:
> I guess you're speaking about statuses, and not statues.
> The statuses block defines the list of available statuses, when one want
> use other statuses than integration, milestone and release (the 3 default
> statuses).
> The order is important for status compatibility, used only if you use
> latest.<status> versions, like latest.milestone. In this case Ivy will
> accept any status greater or equal to the status asked, meaning that if
> you
> ask for latest.milestone, you can end up with either a release or a
> milestone. If you define your own statuses, the order will be used
> accordingly.
> Xavier
> --

Buzzterrier View my blog: Ordinary Average Developer...