ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: No organisation provided error ??
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 22:05:04 GMT
The publish task must know which module it has to publish. By default, it published the last
resolved module. You can also do a publish without a resolve if you tell the publish task
which module to publish by specifying the "organisation", "module" and "revision" attributes
(which doesn't seem to be documented on the website, I created an issue of this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-963).

So, the following should work without a prior resolve of the "your_module" module:

              <ivy:publish organisation="your_module_org"
                                module="your_module_name"
                                revision="your module_revision"
                                artifactspattern="${distrib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"
                                 resolver="local"
                                 pubrevision="${app.version}"
                                 status="release"/>

If that doesn't work please create a JIRA issue...

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: ferry97 <vri_97@yahoo.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:29:33 AM
Subject: Re: No organisation provided error ??

Hi guys,

Thank you for the response, and pardon me for not giving a complete
description. I already had the ivy.xml file with the info organisation in
it.
I just found out the problem, and I have no idea whether it's a bug in ivy
or it was intended to.

The solution only to add the ivy:retrieve before calling the ivy:publish.

    <target name="resolve" description="retreive dependencies with ivy">
        <ivy:retrieve />
    </target>

and add the publish dependency to resolve.

It's quite surprising that ivy:publish will not working properly without the
calling to ivy:retrieve, my assumption, every ivy:<action> should be an
atomic, or a single responsibility function.

If you guys happens to be an ivy author / committer, I will be very pleased
to get some insight on the matter.

Thanks again.