ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: fixing dependency errors
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 06:58:30 GMT
On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 02:43 -0400, Ryan McKinley wrote:
> Hi-

Hi Ryan

> 
> I'm new to ivy and trying to make it work for a new apache project:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/branch/LABS-144/
> 
> I'm trying to add a module that depends on apache solr.  When I add:
> <dependency org="org.apache.solr" name="solr-core" rev="1.3.0"/>
> 
> Then i get the error:
> 
> java.text.ParseException: inconsistent module descriptor file found in  
> 'http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-io/1.3.2/commons-io-1.3.2.pom'

> : bad organisation: expected='org.apache.commons' found='commons-io';
> 
> When I check out that pom, it has:
> 
> <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> <groupId>commons-io</groupId>
> <artifactId>commons-io</artifactId>
> <name>Commons IO</name>
> <version>1.3.2</version>
> 
> Any pointers on how to fix this?  

I am as well very interested in the best practice since now I always
worked around such problems.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/droids/branch/LABS-144/tools/ivy/repository/global/

You can do 'mkdir commons-io' and add an ivy-commons-io-1.3.2.xml file. 

<ivy-module version="1.0">
  <info organisation="commons-io" module="commons-io"
    revision="1.3.2">
  </info>
  <configurations>
    <conf name="core" visibility="public" />
  </configurations>
  <publications>
    <artifact name="commons-io" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="core"
      url="http://repo.exist.com/maven2/commons-io/commons-io/1.3.2/commons-io-1.3.2.jar"
/>
  </publications>
</ivy-module>

That should work fine but I am not sure whether that is the best
approach. 

salu2
-- 
Thorsten Scherler                                 thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java                      consulting, training and solutions


Mime
View raw message