ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Phil Beiler <p...@beilers.com>
Subject Question about IvyDE?
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:53:36 GMT
I was hoping for some clarification on how the "Pattern" variable worked
from within Eclipse.  I'm setting it under Window/Preferences/Ivy inside
Eclipse (3.4).

It appears that no matter what value  I give as a directory path, the
files will get retrieved relative to the workspace project directory.
If I use ~/.ivy/[artifact].[ext], it will actually create a tilde (~)
directory under my project root. If I try /tmp/ivy/[artifact].[ext], it
will remove the leading slash and create the tmp directory under the
project root.  Try $HOME... that creates a cool directory called
"$HOME"!

Using the Ant Task, the paths are not relative to the project (or where
ant is run)... I can retrieve them anywhere I want to...

So, is the expected behavior of the plug-in, that everything will be
relative or inside the project?  It is certainly not obvious when using
$HOME, ~/, /tmp, etc.  Nlo warnings, no errors....

Oh, one more oddity.... Once the libraries are resolved...  If you
expand the Ivy Library icon under your project (inside Eclipse,  Package
Explorer View), all of the libraries are resolved to your "cache"
directory, not to the project.  The seems strange to me as well, but it
does work...  Should it now show a path to where the files are
retrieved, rather than the cache?

Thanks for any clarification.  Phil