ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Lund <ha.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How does <statues> block work in Ivy.
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 18:42:54 GMT
You need to consider the maturity of the statues. resolving
latest.milestone will resolve to the latest either milestone or whatever
more mature status is 'latest' according to ivy.buildnumber.

If latest.milestone is lets say 0.9.11 and latest.release is 0.9.13 the
build 0.9.13 will be resolved, as using the same number series indicates
the builds are related with shared code base. (My guess would be that
the 0.9.11 milestone was promoted to 0.9.12 release having identical
code)

Having such a strategy allows you to always depend on milestone or
better builds whichever is the newest - which is quite power full.

OK this is actually the same answer Xavier gave, but I hope the use case
can be help full.

/Hans