ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Melvin" <mark.mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How To Get Module Dependency List
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:11:31 GMT
Hi All,

OK, so I have set up a simple "post-resolve-dependency" trigger to
simply dump the dependency details and it seems to work (thanks!).
However, I have one bit of anomolous behaviour I would like to clear
up to ensure I understand this fully.

Using the multi-project sample setup included in the examples, I have
made my own ivysettings.xml file pointing to a local and shared repo
with a simple "post-resolve-dependency" trigger attached.  If I run my
script resolving the top-level module "console", I get dependency info
dumped for every single module in the dependency graph located here:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/samples/projects-dependencies-graph.jpg
- *including* one for junit (which is declared as a dependency in
commons-lang).  Great!  This is what I want.

Now, if I change my script to resolve the module "size", I only get
the "version" and "list" modules dumped as dependencies.  Huh?
Shouldn't the dependency resolution keep going and resolve all the
commons-* stuff as well as junit, just like it did when resolving the
"console" module?  These are dependencies of the "list" module, and
where resolved all the way down before - so why not now?  I don't get
it.

Thanks,
Mark.