ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Melvin" <mark.mel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example of Recursive Delivery?
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:27:38 GMT
Can anyone comment on this at all?  If I have a module X that depends
on Y, and Y depends on Z - how can I perform a resolve+deliver on X
that goes down to Y and Z?  The best I can do is one level of
dependencies, without getting the "antcall task calling its own parent
target" error.  I must be doing something wrong.  Here is what works
for one level of dependency:

  <target name="deliver-all">
	<property name="ivy.local.default.root" value="repository/local"/>
	<property name="ivy.shared.default.root" value="repository/shared"/>
	<property name="recursive.delivery.status" value="release"/>
	<property name="recursive.delivery.version" value="1.1"/>
    <ivy:resolve file="projects/console/ivy.xml" />
    <ivy:deliver status="${recursive.delivery.status}"
pubrevision="1.1-final"
deliverpattern="distrib/ivy-[module]-[revision].xml" module="console"
delivertarget="deliver-dep" />
  </target>

  <target name="deliver-dep">
    <ivy:resolve inline="true" organisation="${ivy.organisation}"
revision="${dependency.version}" module="${dependency.name}" />
    <ivy:deliver module="${dependency.name}"
deliverpattern="distrib/ivy-[module]-[revision].xml" />
  </target>

But the delivery of the dependency does not deliver the dependency's
dependencies.  And I can't add a delivertarget attribute without
getting an error (I was declaring delivertarget="deliver-dep").  So
how do you normally implement recursive delivery?  (Note I am just
hacking the multi-project sample) in an effort to get this to work.

Finally, would it be reasonable to ask for a property of
"dependency.organisation" to be set as well?  I don't think you can
recursively resolve dependencies with a different organisation without
it.

Mark.