ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Subject Ivy 2 resolve time over a WAN
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 15:41:09 GMT

Here's an example output of an Ivy 2 beta install I did earlier today. I am
on the end of a WAN. At the other end there is a firewall between me and
the internet. It seems the resolve part of the install takes ages - look at
the total time, 17 and a half minutes. How much http traffic does a resolve
involve ?

If I do the same thing in ivy 1 the resolve and install is massively

:: Ivy 2.0.0-beta2 - 20080225093827 :: ::
[ivy:settings] :: loading settings :: file = Y:\ivySettings.xml
[ivy:install] :: installing org.jboss.envers#jboss-envers;1.0.0.GA ::
[ivy:install] :: resolving dependencies ::
[ivy:install] found org.jboss.envers#jboss-envers;1.0.0.GA in javarepo
[ivy:install] :: downloading artifacts to cache ::
[ivy:install] downloading
[ivy:install] .......
[ivy:install] . (186kB)
[ivy:install] .. (0kB)
[ivy:install] [SUCCESSFUL ]
org.jboss.envers#jboss-envers;1.0.0.GA!jboss-envers.jar (6735ms)
[ivy:install] :: installing in teamivy ::
[ivy:install] published jboss-envers to
[ivy:install] published ivy to
[ivy:install] :: install resolution report ::
[ivy:install] :: resolution report :: resolve 0ms :: artifacts dl 6750ms
|                  |            modules            ||   artifacts   |
|       conf       | number| search|dwnlded|evicted|| number|dwnlded|
|      default     |   1   |   1   |   1   |   0   ||   1   |   1   |
Total time: 17 minutes 24 seconds

Target is a trading name of Target Group Limited,
registered in England and Wales No. 1208137
Registered office:  Target House, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff CF11 9AU

If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy,
distribute or take any action or reliance upon it.
The content of this message may also contain personal
views of an employee of this company and does
not necessarily represent the view of the company.
This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-Virus.
It has also been scanned by MAILsweeper to enforce our e-mail
policy. If you have any concerns or comments about the content
of this message, please  e-mail