ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: URL=.... Behaviour
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:50:04 GMT
We have a standard resolver where 90% of our projects exist in the correct place.
10% of projects are in the same filesystem but not standardly placed.
We cannot change the place they exist at.

So anything unstandard is located via a url="file://....." link for the artifact.

We wish to use there origin location rarther than the place in the cache.

Thanks for the help.

Alex Foreman
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 September 2008 17:36
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: URL=.... Behaviour

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Foreman, Alex (IT) < Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com>
wrote:

> I have a feature request I  asked about before but may have ben lost.
>
> If you have a url and its not in its place in its repository then Ivy
> will download it and ignore local='true' as it did not find it in the
> reolver correctly but elsewhere.  This obiously can be anywhere as
> it's a URL and we want to consider it remote.
>
> Is there or can there be a way to force the resover to always be
> local.  Eg even if it's a url use that location when using a cache
> path rarther than the local cache position.
>
> Maybe <cache useOrigin="always" /> in ivy-settings.
>
> I have been considering doing this via a trigger but might be nice if
> Ivy supported it directly.

The problem is that after resolve, Ivy requires all your artifacts to be accessible as java.io.File
objects, so a URL is not possible, unless it's a file URL. Could you detail your use case?

Xavier

--
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/ Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/