ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject Creating a list of licenses
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 05:45:17 GMT
Ivy resolves dependencies and transitive dependencies.
If my project P depends on A and B and B on C I will get   P --> A, B
--> C  and download A,B and C.
In Java projects these are typically jar-files.

Each of these have a license (Default=unspecified).
Could I get a list of licenses?
    <ivy:createlist todir="build/licenses"/>

    build/licenses: P.license, A-1.0.license, B-4.7.license,
C-3.0.0.alpha.license

(I hope it's clear what I mean ...)

I think it's not possible at the moment as these license information are
not available in a standardized way.
But if I set up a company repository I could store these information.
    //repository/A/1.0 : a.jar  ivy.xml   license.txt

Jan