ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (?) ivy internal error: no node found ...
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 06:47:49 GMT
On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Anil Gangolli <anil@busybuddha.org> wrote:

> I tried RC1 and hit new problems with NPEs during resolution.   RC1 was not
> finding some of my ivy files, apparently due to issues with patterns with
> optional revision in a filesystem resolver, like the following.
>
> <ivy
> pattern="${top.dir}/thirdparty/libraries/[module](-[revision])/ivy.xml"/>
>
> After not finding the ivy file, it would hit an NPE.

This is definitely a regression, could you open an issue in JIRA?

> I worked around this by using two patterns, one with and one without the
> revision.
>

> I had to make a number of other changes to get resolution to work in RC1,
>  but eventually got the build to succeed.

Do you remember what other changes you had to make? If it's related to
relative paths, this is normal. If you had to make other changes, this is
probably not normal and may deserve opening an issue in JIRA.

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/