ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Illegal XML in Maven POM's
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:03:59 GMT
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Please open a new Ivy JIRA issue.

I don't think we should open an issue for that. Well, maybe we can open an
issue for consistency, but mark it as invalid. Indeed I don't think
accepting something which is not valid XML makes any sense, it's just too
much work. And maven guys themselves agree that their poms should be valid
xml, there's already been a discussion on the repository@apache.org list
about that. So I don't see much we can do except loby maven guys to make
sure they publish only valid xml poms.

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/