ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy with Nexus
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:26:33 GMT
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Gregoire Henry <ghynxmail@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have the same question ... plus
>
> I 'm trying to have a local nexus server (...) for our binaries repos,
> but it seems that nexus will only recognize artifact published with a
> pom (ok it's a Maven tools after all) ..
>
> So my questions are  :
> - if we want to use nexus, should we add a pom with each artifact ?
> - if I publish alongside ivy files and pom , does Ivy use  ivy files
> or pom to retrieve dependencies, knowing that ivy files are much
> precise for dependencies management  ?
> - we don't use Maven .. only Ivy + Ant or Gant .. is that a problem
> for use of nexus ?
>
> And last (but not least) , i've seen in Nexus Home that Nexus can be
> plugged with specific repository managers (only Maven repos for now )
> , does someone heard about
> an Ivy repository plugin for Nexus ?
>
> Hope to have some answers ...

I don't know Nexus well enough to say what can be achieved with it for Ivy
repository management. There's definitly a place for a repository manager
supporting Ivy out of the box. I hope the community will come out with a
solution!

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/