ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy looking for wrong artifact name
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:03:39 GMT
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Dave <davidcorley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. Will do just that!Thanks for all the work you guys are
> doing.  I hope you know how many people (and companies) appreciate it

We don't really know, we only have some hints. Your e-mail is one, thanks!

Xavier


>
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Dave <davidcorley@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Xavier,I discovered that I had previously named the module "ure",
> and
> > > there was an old ivy.xml in the artifact directory that had not been
> > > overwritten with the ivy.xml for the new module. My fault I guess.
> >
> > You can use forcedeliver="true" on your publish task to avoid this kind
> of
> > trouble.
> >
> > Xavier
> >
> >
> > > I removed
> > > the ivy.xml from the artifact directory and the problem went away.
> > > Thanks for getting back though
> > >
> > > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com
> > > >wrote:
> > >
> > > > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Dave <davidcorley@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > I'm using a self-compiled latest trunk version of Ivy and I'm
> having
> > a
> > > > > problem with the ant publish task.My module descriptor is:
> > > > > =================================
> > > > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > > > <!--Ivy file to describe the dependencies of the Allfinanz common
> > > > module-->
> > > > > <ivy-module xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="${workarea.root.dir}/master_build/ivy.xsd"
> > > > >  version="2.0">
> > > > >    <info organisation="com.allfinanz" module="ure-api"/>
> > > > >    <!--Define different usage configurations to prevent unnecessary
> > > > > resolution of modules we're not using-->
> > > > >    <configurations>
> > > > >        <conf name="compile" description="only jars need for
> > > > compilation"/>
> > > > >        <conf name="test"  extends="compile" description="jars
> needed
> > > for
> > > > > testing"/>
> > > > >    </configurations>
> > > > >    <!--Define our dependencies on other modules-->
> > > > >    <dependencies>
> > > > >        <!--<dependency org="com.allfinanz" name="common" rev="1.0"
> > > > > conf="compile->compile"/>-->
> > > > >        <dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="4.4"
> > > > > conf="test->default"/>
> > > > > <dependency org="com.allfinanz" name="framework"
> > > rev="410-${build.type}"
> > > > > conf="compile->compile"/>
> > > > >    </dependencies>
> > > > > </ivy-module>
> > > > > ==================================
> > > > > I've use the ant-publish task as follows:
> > > > > ==================================
> > > > > <ivy:publish resolver="local"
> > > > > pubrevision="${project.release}-${build.type}"
> > > > > overwrite="true">
> > > > > <artifacts pattern="${build.distrib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]" />
> > > > > </ivy:publish>
> > > > > <ivy:publish resolver="shared"
> > > > > pubrevision="${project.release}-${build.type}" overwrite="true">
> > > > > <artifacts pattern="${build.distrib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]" />
> > > > > </ivy:publish>
> > > > > ===================================
> > > > > So surely Ivy should be looking for ure-api.jar in
> > > ${build.distrib.dir}?
> > > > >
> > > > > Instead I'm seeing the following:
> > > > > ==================================
> > > > > C:\CC\workareas\410\INT\uwe\api\build.xml:64: The following error
> > > > occurred
> > > > > while executing this line:
> > > > > C:\CC\workareas\410\INT\master_build\build_common_macros.xml:134:
> > > > > impossible
> > > > > to publish artifacts for com.allfinanz#ure-api;working@vm-cruise-01
> :
> > > > > java.io.IOException: missing artifact
> > com.allfinanz#ure;410-INT!ure.jar
> > > > > ==================================
> > > > > It's looking for ure.jar when it should be looking for ure-api.jar.
> > Any
> > > > > ideas?
> > > >
> > > > This is really strange. I've a made a quick test with the 2.0.0-rc1
> jar
> > > > pending vote approval, and publish works as expected, with proper
> > > artifact
> > > > names. Looking at the code, the only way I see to run into such
> > problems
> > > is
> > > > if your ivy file in cache for your ure-api module is somehow tampered
> > as
> > > > #ure. Could you try out the same binaries I used [1], and try a very
> > > simple
> > > > resolve then publish process, with a clean cache, to see what
> happens?
> > > >
> > > > Xavier
> > > >
> > > > [1] http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-rc1/
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > --
> > > > > "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of
> > widths."
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
> > > > BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
> > > > Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> > > > Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
> > BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
> > Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> > Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
> >
>
>
>
> --
> "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."
>



-- 
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message