ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URL=.... Behaviour
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:36:29 GMT
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Foreman, Alex (IT) <
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com> wrote:

> I have a feature request I  asked about before but may have ben lost.
>
> If you have a url and its not in its place in its repository then Ivy will
> download it and ignore local='true' as it did not find it in the reolver
> correctly but elsewhere.  This obiously can be anywhere as it's a URL and we
> want to consider it remote.
>
> Is there or can there be a way to force the resover to always be local.  Eg
> even if it's a url use that location when using a cache path rarther than
> the local cache position.
>
> Maybe <cache useOrigin="always" /> in ivy-settings.
>
> I have been considering doing this via a trigger but might be nice if Ivy
> supported it directly.

The problem is that after resolve, Ivy requires all your artifacts to be
accessible as java.io.File objects, so a URL is not possible, unless it's a
file URL. Could you detail your use case?

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/