ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2 resolve time over a WAN
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:17:30 GMT
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 11:53 AM, <paul.newport@targetgroup.net> wrote:

> OK. I've tried the trunk version, both from my current location
> (WAN->LAN-FIREWALL->INTERNET) and from our other office
> (LAN->FIREWALL->INTERNET)
>
> It's fast on the LAN, but doing an install from the WAN took 27 minutes.

I have no idea what's going on, and don't even know how 27 minutes compare
to how Ivy 1.4 performed in similar environment. You can track down Ivy http
communications by using commons-httpclient and activate the logs. You may
better understand what's slowing down the process.

Xavier

BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/