ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: conditional dependency
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 06:29:35 GMT
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Shawn Castrianni <

> I would like to programmatically turn on or off a dependency line in an
> ivy.xml file.  I was trying the simple conditions supported by the
> configuration mapping syntax in the dependency element.  I can't seem to get
> it right.

Indeed, conditional conf mapping is very limited, and badly documented.
There is no doc about what can be used in the expression, and this is very
limited, so I'm not surprised you didn't get it to work.

> Basically, I would like to set an ANT or IVY property such that it enables
> or disables the entire dependency line in the ivy.xml file.  Is this
> possible?

No, not without implementing your own parser to implement this logic
yourself. But I think there is an open issue asking for such a feature, you
can vote for it. You can also open an issue asking for improving the
conditional configuration feature.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/