ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Anil Gangolli <a...@busybuddha.org>
Subject Re: (?) ivy internal error: no node found ...
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 06:10:57 GMT

I tried RC1 and hit new problems with NPEs during resolution.   RC1 was 
not finding some of my ivy files, apparently due to issues with patterns 
with optional revision in a filesystem resolver, like the following.

<ivy 
pattern="${top.dir}/thirdparty/libraries/[module](-[revision])/ivy.xml"/>

After not finding the ivy file, it would hit an NPE.

I worked around this by using two patterns, one with and one without the 
revision.


I had to make a number of other changes to get resolution to work in 
RC1,  but eventually got the build to succeed.  Once I made these 
changes, it did not exhibit the internal error seen with beta2.

--a.



Anil Gangolli wrote:
>
> I backed down to beta1 to avoid this issue (at least my build did not 
> trigger it in beta1).   I'll try RC1 in the next day or two and let 
> you know.  If there is a JIRA issue filed for it, I would prefer to 
> comment on and watch that.   Should I file one for tracking?
>
> --a.
>
>
> Maarten Coene wrote:
>> Do you still use beta2, or did you have the same problem with RC1 ?
>>
>> Maarten
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----
>> From: Anil Gangolli <anil@busybuddha.org>
>> To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
>> Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:13:24 PM
>> Subject: Re: (?) ivy internal error: no node found ...
>>
>>
>> Thanks.
>> A bit more on this one.
>>
>> I later found that the internal error was NOT as harmless as it 
>> seemed.   The build succeeded but the transitive dependencies of 
>> myorg#mymodule had not been pulled in properly,  so while my build 
>> was successful, the resulting app ran only until it encountered an 
>> unresolved dependency and then threw (as one would expect in such 
>> cases) NoClassDefFoundError.
>>
>> Is there already a filed JIRA issue for this?  Could someone please 
>> refer me to it?
>>
>> --a.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Xavier Hanin wrote:
>>  
>>> On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Anil Gangolli <anil@busybuddha.org> 
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  
>>>    
>>>> One of my builds on ivy-2.0.0-beta2 is producing the following 
>>>> warning.
>>>>
>>>> I've had to replace the actual jar names
>>>>
>>>> [ivy:retrieve]     ivy internal error: no node found for 
>>>> myorg#mymodule;:
>>>> looked in [ ... very long list of modules including
>>>>  myorg#mymodule;latest.integration ... ]
>>>>
>>>> All dependencies are resolved and it doesn't seem to affect the end 
>>>> result
>>>> of the build.   It is unlikely I will be able to produce a compact 
>>>> test case
>>>> however.  I'd like to figure out what I might be able to do to 
>>>> avoid the
>>>> issue.
>>>>          
>>> Upgrade to 2.0.0 when it will be out. I think this problem has been 
>>> fixed
>>> since beta 2.
>>>
>>> Xavier
>>>
>>>
>>>  
>>>    
>>>> --a.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>          
>>>  
>>>     
>>
>>
>>         
>
>


Mime
View raw message