ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Ivy 2 resolve time over a WAN
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:36:18 GMT wrote:
> "You can track down Ivy http communications by using commons-httpclient"
> How do I do this ? I'm fine with setting up commons logging, but my little
> test case that does an install doesn't even have commons-httpclient on the
> classpath.

Presumably there is a way to turn on extra logging on in httpclient, by
using the right commons-logging settings. So when ivy uses httpclient
for its work, the log shows where it is going. I don't know the specific
log settings though.

> "There were some issues with ivy not liking networks where the host didnt
> know its own name, that made things crawl, but should be fixed now."
> What would I need to do to allow the host to know its own name ?

that's the thing. Normally a host does that automatically, but for some
reason my home box is broken. If I knew what I'd done, I'd be able to
fix it, but instead I get to file bugreps against Ivy, Hadoop,
SmartFrog, etc. then the patches, as nobody else usually sees it.

If you get a hung system, do a stack trace and see if it is hung in any
InetAddress.getLocalHost()  or InetAddress.getHostName() call, or any
other InetAddress operation, as they seem to be signs of DNS problems

View raw message