ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Embedded ivy
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2008 21:32:57 GMT
What happens when you do the same from within Ant?
<ivy:resolve organisation="org.bcel" module="bcel" resolveId="res.bcel" />

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Ilya Sterin <sterini@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:23:14 PM
Subject: Embedded ivy

So I'm trying to use ivy as an embedded dependency manager in another
build system.  I'm having issues finding documentation as to how to
use Ivy's libs outside of ant.  I'm not sure about the bootstrapping
requirements and how each task can be used in isolation and its
dependencies.

I've tried numerous things with some luck, but I'm still not all the
way there and don't feel comfortable with the stability of such a
solution being that it's not documented?

Project proj = new Project();

IvyResolve resolve = new IvyResolve();
resolve.setOrganisation("org.bcel");
resolve.setModule("bcel");
resolve.setProject(proj);
resolve.setTaskName("ivy:resolve");
resolve.setResolveId("res.bcel");
resolve.execute();

IvyRetrieve retrieve = new IvyRetrieve();
retrieve.setResolveId("res.bcel");
retrieve.setProject(proj);
retrieve.setOrganisation("org.bcel");
retrieve.setModule("bcel");
retrieve.setRevision("5.2");
retrieve.setTaskName("ivy:retrieve");
retrieve.execute();

I'm getting...

impossible to resolve dependencies:
    resolve failed - see output for details
    at org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyResolve.doExecute(IvyResolve.java:315)
    at org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyTask.execute(IvyTask.java:275)
    at com.googlecode.alexbuild.antlr.com.googlecode.alexbuild.commands.IvyTest.testDependencyRetrieve(IvyTest.java:59)

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  Can anyone help me resolve
this issue and/or give me a brief overview/point me to documentation
of how to use Ivy embedded?

Thanks.

Ilya