ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: .bundle extension in ivy retrieve... im so confused
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:57:25 GMT
The biggest chance of getting this fixed before 2.0 final is that you create a JIRA issue and
attach a patch to it which makes the usage of HEAD configurable for both the standard URL
handler as the commons-httpclient URL handler.
If we need to make a 2.0-RC2 release, we can then apply your patch...

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: rednix <zerobox@gmx.de>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:38:58 PM
Subject: Re: .bundle extension in ivy retrieve... im so confused

So  ... any news on this issue? It's still the same in RC1. Do I have to open
an JIIRA issue for this one? With the current code base ivy is not usable
from within our company proxy environment. Currently I have to build a
custom jar with the mentioned code line commented out to work. But that's
not satisfying. Even a configuration option would help like "use full
request method for retrieve for problematic/special proxies". Any chance to
get this fixed before going 2.0 final?

example code:

if (!config_use_full_request_method) {
    ((HttpURLConnection) con).setRequestMethod("HEAD");
}