ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dave <davidcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy looking for wrong artifact name
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:00:21 GMT
Thanks for the tip. Will do just that!Thanks for all the work you guys are
doing.  I hope you know how many people (and companies) appreciate it

Regards,
Dave

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:55 PM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Dave <davidcorley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Xavier,I discovered that I had previously named the module "ure", and
> > there was an old ivy.xml in the artifact directory that had not been
> > overwritten with the ivy.xml for the new module. My fault I guess.
>
> You can use forcedeliver="true" on your publish task to avoid this kind of
> trouble.
>
> Xavier
>
>
> > I removed
> > the ivy.xml from the artifact directory and the problem went away.
> > Thanks for getting back though
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:41 PM, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Dave <davidcorley@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > > I'm using a self-compiled latest trunk version of Ivy and I'm having
> a
> > > > problem with the ant publish task.My module descriptor is:
> > > > =================================
> > > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > > <!--Ivy file to describe the dependencies of the Allfinanz common
> > > module-->
> > > > <ivy-module xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> > > >
> > >
> >
>  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="${workarea.root.dir}/master_build/ivy.xsd"
> > > >  version="2.0">
> > > >    <info organisation="com.allfinanz" module="ure-api"/>
> > > >    <!--Define different usage configurations to prevent unnecessary
> > > > resolution of modules we're not using-->
> > > >    <configurations>
> > > >        <conf name="compile" description="only jars need for
> > > compilation"/>
> > > >        <conf name="test"  extends="compile" description="jars needed
> > for
> > > > testing"/>
> > > >    </configurations>
> > > >    <!--Define our dependencies on other modules-->
> > > >    <dependencies>
> > > >        <!--<dependency org="com.allfinanz" name="common" rev="1.0"
> > > > conf="compile->compile"/>-->
> > > >        <dependency org="junit" name="junit" rev="4.4"
> > > > conf="test->default"/>
> > > > <dependency org="com.allfinanz" name="framework"
> > rev="410-${build.type}"
> > > > conf="compile->compile"/>
> > > >    </dependencies>
> > > > </ivy-module>
> > > > ==================================
> > > > I've use the ant-publish task as follows:
> > > > ==================================
> > > > <ivy:publish resolver="local"
> > > > pubrevision="${project.release}-${build.type}"
> > > > overwrite="true">
> > > > <artifacts pattern="${build.distrib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]" />
> > > > </ivy:publish>
> > > > <ivy:publish resolver="shared"
> > > > pubrevision="${project.release}-${build.type}" overwrite="true">
> > > > <artifacts pattern="${build.distrib.dir}/[artifact].[ext]" />
> > > > </ivy:publish>
> > > > ===================================
> > > > So surely Ivy should be looking for ure-api.jar in
> > ${build.distrib.dir}?
> > > >
> > > > Instead I'm seeing the following:
> > > > ==================================
> > > > C:\CC\workareas\410\INT\uwe\api\build.xml:64: The following error
> > > occurred
> > > > while executing this line:
> > > > C:\CC\workareas\410\INT\master_build\build_common_macros.xml:134:
> > > > impossible
> > > > to publish artifacts for com.allfinanz#ure-api;working@vm-cruise-01:
> > > > java.io.IOException: missing artifact
> com.allfinanz#ure;410-INT!ure.jar
> > > > ==================================
> > > > It's looking for ure.jar when it should be looking for ure-api.jar.
> Any
> > > > ideas?
> > >
> > > This is really strange. I've a made a quick test with the 2.0.0-rc1 jar
> > > pending vote approval, and publish works as expected, with proper
> > artifact
> > > names. Looking at the code, the only way I see to run into such
> problems
> > is
> > > if your ivy file in cache for your ure-api module is somehow tampered
> as
> > > #ure. Could you try out the same binaries I used [1], and try a very
> > simple
> > > resolve then publish process, with a clean cache, to see what happens?
> > >
> > > Xavier
> > >
> > > [1] http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-rc1/
> > >
> > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of
> widths."
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
> > > BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
> > > Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> > > Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant
> BordeauxJUG co leader - http://www.bordeauxjug.org/
> Blogger - http://xhab.blogspot.com/
> Apache Ivy Creator - http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
>



-- 
"A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message