ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dave <davidcor...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage of status with publish and resolve
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:46:28 GMT
Hey all,I'm trying to use statuses in a manner that I'm not sure they were
intended for.
I have a project of revision X. For revision X I have two seperate builds.
One integration testing and one system testing build.
The integration testing build numbers are incremented in a seperate counter
to the system testing build.
So while I may be on build 18444 for integration testing, the system testing
build could be on something like 334.
This makes it difficult to publish both builds to an Ivy repository. I want
to be able to publish artifacts from both builds, and I though Ivy statuses
might be able to help.
I would like to publish to a repo with the following pattern:
[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[status]/[artifact]-[ext]

I realize I could hard-code a value in <dependency revconstraint=""/> to
tell ant to pick a revision of a particular status, but how can I
differentiate locations when publishing artifacts of the same revision but a
different status?
I want to be able to use the same ivy.xml for both projects and request an
integration or system resolve from within ant. Is there no easy way to do
this?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Dave

--
"A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."