ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Stamminger <Johannes.Stammin...@astrium.eads.net>
Subject Re: Creating a list of licenses
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:24:58 GMT

Hi!

On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> Ivy resolves dependencies and transitive dependencies.
> If my project P depends on A and B and B on C I will get   P --> A, B
> --> C  and download A,B and C.
> In Java projects these are typically jar-files.
>
> Each of these have a license (Default=unspecified).
> Could I get a list of licenses?
>     <ivy:createlist todir="build/licenses"/>
>
>     build/licenses: P.license, A-1.0.license, B-4.7.license,
> C-3.0.0.alpha.license
>
> (I hope it's clear what I mean ...)
>
> I think it's not possible at the moment as these license information are
> not available in a standardized way.
> But if I set up a company repository I could store these information.
>     //repository/A/1.0 : a.jar  ivy.xml   license.txt

We faced same problem and handle the licenses as another artifact in our
company repository: we defined a configuration "deploy" in which each lib
provides it's license (for simplicity stored in rep as <jar name>.license)
with type set to license. In ant build environment we access those with
cachefilesets (for copying to release dir).

Johannes
--
Johannes.Stamminger@Astrium.EADS.net   [2FE783D0 http://wwwkeys.PGP.net]
------ ----<--{(@ ------------------                        EADS ASTRIUM

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information
or information otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not
use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and
any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.
Astrium GmbH Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Thomas Mueller - Geschaeftsfuehrung: Evert Dudok
(Vorsitzender), Dr. Reinhold Lutz, Pablo Salame Fischer, Guenter Stamerjohanns
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Muenchen - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 107 647

Weitere Informationen ueber EADS Astrium @ http://www.astrium.eads.net/