ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "riki.eng" <riki....@inbox.com>
Subject Re: Migration to IVY
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:31:43 GMT

I did this kind of work for my company. We had a very similar situation.

The solution I adopted was pretty manual but was giving me a good
representation of what the current state was.
Basically I got a "snapshot" of the libraries that we were using. I
rearranged each one of them following a maven2 repo format and generated ivy
and pom files based on the way we are currently using them. The reason why
we didn't get the pom files from the main maven repo is because I didn't
want to introduce additional libraries (dependencies) in this process. Like
I said, the end result had to be exactly what it was before, but in a
structure that was getting us ready for the integration with ivy.
In the first stage (for backwards compatibility) the libraries were still
stored in SVN, later we will pull them out.

Hope this helps...

Riccardo