ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Gilles Scokart" <gscok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build dependant projects
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:25:46 GMT
Did you look at buidlist [1]?

There is a rich combination of attributes that you could use to
implement what you want.

[1]http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/buildlist.html

Gilles

2008/8/4 Will Johnson <will@attivio.com>:
> I'm new to ivy and feel like I'm missing something fundamental.  We have a complex any
build system that we're trying to move to ivy for dependencies and so far things look good
for 3rd party dependencies for common open source libraries however I'm not quite sure how
to set up Ivy to automatically build dependant projects when necessary.  Right now we have
the following setup in our builds:  (this is really simplified but you get the idea)

> Core (main API level project)
> ProjectA (depends on core)
> ProjectB (depends on core)
> ProjectC (depends on core + Project A)
>
> The way we have ant setup currently I can go into the ProjectC directory and type 'ant
kit' and it will build Core + Project A if files changed in either of those projects since
they were last built.  I see how Ivy can manage the dependencies but all the howto's and samples
imply that users have to go to the Core and ProjectA directories and publish things first
before those artifacts can be picked up.  I know I could add

> <ant antfile="../Core/build.xml" target="publish" >
> <ant antfile="../ProjectA/build.xml" target="publish">
>
> to the ProjectC build file but it would seem like Ivy has some better way to do this
that is eluding me.  All I care about is that local developers get changes to Core / ProjectA
picked up and built when ever those files are updated via source control without having to
manually go into each directory and publishing them.

--
Gilles Scokart