ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ross Camara <rmcam...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Conflict Management w// Extra Attributes
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:04:39 GMT
In case anyone else runs into this problem. The problem was eventually
traced to collisions in the repository cache. Once we updated the cache
pattern settings in our settings.xml file we could correctly use the
attribute in our dependencies.

Ross Camara
Software Developer
rmcamara@us.ibm.com

  From:       Ross Camara/Arlington/IBM@IBMUS

  To:         ivy-user@ant.apache.org

  Date:       07/29/2008 03:55 PM

  Subject:    Conflict Management w// Extra Attributes

I've run into a problem with specifying dependencies. I have two modules
that look exactly the same (name, revision, organization) with the
exception of an extra attribute. This extra attribute is used to tell the
modules apart. Specifically it is a 'platform' attribute. I am able to
setup and publish into my repository using this extra attribute. However
when I want to make use of these two components in another component I've
run into a problem. Specifically when i specify:

      <dependencies>
            <dependency extra:platform="independent" org="net.sourceforge"
name="projectX" rev="3.8.1" conf="*->win32"/>>
            <dependency extra:platform="redhat" org="net.sourceforge" name=
"projectX" rev="3.8.1" conf="*->examples"/>
      </dependencies>
When i use this definition ivy will download which ever platform was
published last and ignores any the other module. I've specified a conflict
manager of 'all' however this doesn't seem to be solve my problem of only
one of the platforms showing up.

Am I missing something? Is this a bug? Or is this use case just not
supported and unlikely to be?

I'm using version 675235 of the ivy trunk.

Ross Camara
Software Developer
(703) 390-9923
rmcamara@us.ibm.com