ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject Publish is somehow disrupted by presence of ivy report?
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:05:04 GMT
I have noticed that if I publish an ivy report (as ivy-report.html) as
an artifact of a module, it seems to interfere with caching somehow.

For example, steps to reproduce:
1:  Create ivy.xml that specifies the publication of a 2 jars and an
ivy-report.html file (created by ivy:report)
2:  Resolve and publish
3:  Change the ivy.xml and remove the reference to one of the jar files.
Also remove that jar from the publish dir that is referenced by the
artifacts pattern
4:  Attempt to resolve and publish.  Publish fails because the removed
jar is no longer in the publish dir.   Failure is expected, because the
old ivy.xml is still in cache.
5:  Clean ivycache.  Attempt to resolve and publish.   Publish still
fails for the same reason.  This failure should not occur.
6:  Remove ivy-report.html from the publish dir.
7:  Attempt to resolve and publish.  Success.

Is my test flawed somehow, or is Ivy implicitly using an ivy report for
resolution information?  It seems very strange.

Thanks,
Carlton