ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic revisions fails
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:25:25 GMT
The first error looks like what you'd expect if directory listing was
not enabled, but later in the log it looks like it did eventually
resolve everything.  That's a little confusing to me.

If this is a fragment of a single log, then it seems like Ivy tries to
resolve the dynamic revision string as a literal reversion, and then
goes on to resolve it as a dynamic with directory listing.  That's
strange if it really is the case.   Nobody would need this behavior
unless they really did have a static revision of "1.0.+" which is really
unlikely.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Matzon [mailto:matzon@certus.dk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 8:52 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic revisions fails

Brian Matzon wrote:
> I am having a hard time getting dynamic revisions to work from our
> local repo.

[snip]
> I am using http urls and an apache server - so not sure whats going
on?

> (and not sure how apache magically copes with the ivy syntax when
> doing
> lookups?)

FIXED!
aparantly, apache needs to be setup to allow directory listing!
Adding an Options Indexes line to the directory section made all the
difference - and now I am seeing

[ivy:resolve] CLIENT ERROR: Not Found
url=http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.+.xml
[ivy:resolve] HTTP response status: 404=Not Found
url=http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.+.xml
[ivy:resolve]           tried
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-[revision].xml
[ivy:resolve]   listing all in
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-[revision].xml
[ivy:resolve]   using internal to list all in
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml].
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml.md5].
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/math-1.0.0.jar].
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/math-1.0.0.jar.md5].
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/math-1.0.0.pom].
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/math-1.0.0.pom.md5].
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/math-1.0.0.zip].
[ivy:resolve] ApacheURLLister found
URL=[http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/math-1.0.0.zip.md5].
[ivy:resolve]           found 8 urls
[ivy:resolve]           2 matched
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-[revision].xml
[ivy:resolve]   found revs: [1.0.0, 1.0.0]
[ivy:resolve] using commons httpclient 3.x helper
[ivy:resolve]   internal: found md file for example#math;1.0.+
[ivy:resolve]           =>
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml (1.0.0)
[ivy:resolve]   parser = ivy parser
[ivy:resolve]   no ivy file in cache for example#math;1.0.0: tried
..\build\plugins\ivy\cache\example\math\ivy-1.0.0.xml
[ivy:resolve] downloading
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml ...
[ivy:resolve]   internal: downloading
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml
[ivy:resolve] md5 file found for
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml: checking...
[ivy:resolve]   internal: downloading
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml.md5
[ivy:resolve] md5 OK for
http://build.example.com/ivy/example/math/ivy-1.0.0.xml
[ivy:resolve]   [SUCCESSFUL ] example#math;1.0.0!ivy.original.xml(ivy)
(47ms)

Maybe the documentation needs to be more clear on this - or I need to
read it better?

--
Brian Matzon
Certus