ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From <Mark.Birenb...@bpsinc.com>
Subject offline builds
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:53:52 GMT
Has anyone tried doing a completely offline (e.g., on a laptop that's
not got any network connection) build with Ivy with out using different
targets that avoid actually calling Ivy?

I figure with the dynamic version resolution caching in beta2, this
should be possible, but it seems like it's not caching the version
resolutions.

  <caches default="resolved-version-cache">
     <cache name="resolved-version-cache">
      <ttl duration="14d" />
     </cache>
  </caches>

This is what I have for my cache, which I would think would mean that
I'd be able to do offline builds, as long there was a previous build
that was successful.   But Ivy still tries to talk to the repos for
dynamic version resolution.

I'm seeing this in my debug log:

[ivy:resolve] artifactory: Checking cache for: dependency:
commons-collections#commons-collections;[2.1,) {compile=[compile(*),
master(*)], runtime=[runtime(*)]}
[ivy:resolve] no cached resolved revision for
commons-collections#commons-collections;[2.1,)

I'm wondering if this is a problem because I'm using Windows and the
"[2.1,)" is causing problems.  Glancing through the caching code, it
looks to me like it's looking for a properties file with "[2.1,)" in its
name (I can't find any code that's escaping the comma).