ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Foreman, Alex \(IT\)" <Alexander.Fore...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Problem with revConstraint
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:11:39 GMT
Hi,

Is there an awnser to this?
It's blocking some of my work, and a good solution would be great.

A Work around for us could be to add some logic to find out if we are in 'default' mode and
if we are checking a revConstraint, whilst in the custom version matcher.
If I can find those 2 things programatically I can change our code to work around this.

Is there anyway to find if these 2 things are true?  Or is there a more correct awnser for
A/B/C below?

Many thanks,

Alex Foreman
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5732
Alexander.Foreman@morganstanley.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Foreman, Alex (IT)
Sent: 30 July 2008 14:34
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Problem with revConstraint

Hi,

We use a custom version matcher that loads in default values from a property file and when
rev="default" we look for a property called 'org.module.default' and use that value.

E.g.
Apache.ivy.default=1.3

Would match org="apache" name="ivy" rev="default" to rev="1.3" in the delivered ivy file and
also place revConstraint="default" into that dependency.

If we have someone that consumes this ivy that does not load up the properties file we fail
even tho we are using resolveMode="default".  IE it shuld not take into account the revConstraint.
 It is however trying to work this out anyway and causing the cachepath to fail as our default
version matcher cannot find the property.

Eg I ask for Apache#ivy!1.3

The ivy file has a revConstraint="default" in its dependeny and we crash out even tho I specifed
an exact value and did not want to use the default.

My question is:
Why does the resolve/cachepath look at the revConstraint  when we are not interested in it
in resolveMode="true".

Can we :
a) not try to resolve the revConstraint if it is not needed?
B) strip revConstraint out on a deliver so its not there?
C) tell ivy to always ignore the revConstraint.

Can we currently do any of the above 3?

If not do people consider this a bug and should it be fixed?