ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Holmes, Daniel" <Daniel.Hol...@netapp.com>
Subject Revision dependency specifier
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:53:44 GMT
Hello

I'm not certain how to exactly be able to do this with Ivy and wanted to
determine if it was possible.

With our versioning scheme of our build infrastructure, nightly
(integration builds) are labeled with the exepected release number
followed by an additional .yyyyMMddHHmmss

So I might have versions of a module FOO available that look like this
(in increasing time order)

integration  1.0.20080404000000
integration  1.0.20080504000000
integration  1.0.20080604000000
integration  1.0.20080704000000
release      1.0
integration  1.1.20080804000000
integration  1.1.20080904000000
integration  1.1.20081004000000
integration  1.1.20081104000000

For a module that BAR that depends on FOO, I want to be able to specify
a dependency on the latest 1.x release or the latest 1.1 integration.
How do I do that?  I didn't see how the status and revision could be
combined.  If I want a release build, I don't think a 1.+ would work,
and if I want the latest 1.0 integration build, latest.integration is
not quite right either.

Thanks

Daniel