ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject RE: Ivy-Boost with Eclipse project generation
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:39:47 GMT
Michael,

You should open a defect for this.   I'd be willing to help work on a patch to implement this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kebe [mailto:Michael.Kebe@hkm.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 2:33 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Ivy-Boost with Eclipse project generation

Hi Ivy-users,

this is not directly Ivy related...

I am currently working on a generic continuous integration build system using Ant, Ivy and
Hudson.

IMHO the SCM should not contain any binary libraries. They should com from ivy via the ivy.xml.
I know that almost everybody here on the list will agree on this. Further I would say IDE
specific configurations should not be in the SCM either.

Maven has the Eclipse-Plugin [1] to configure projects ready to use in Eclipse. I think there
should be an Ivy equivalent tool to handle this for ivy projects.

IvyDE handles a classpath container for Eclipse. But there is no generation of the .project
file for Eclipse.

There should be an Ant Task for the generation of .project, .settings/*.

Ant-Eclipse [2] is a good start for this. Currently it can create the .classpath, the .project
(for standard Java and AspectJ applications) and some simple .settings (see [3]). But the
project's last update was 2 years ago and there is no generation of configuration files for
WTP/WST.

What do you think about such a project? Maybe we could reanimate Ant-Eclipse.

BTW: I think it can be helpful to give ivy even more boost :)

Michael

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/
[2] http://ant-eclipse.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://ant-eclipse.sourceforge.net/ant-eclipse.html

Hüttenwerke Krupp Mannesmann GmbH, Ehinger Str. 200, D-47259 Duisburg
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Herbert Eichelkraut, Peter Gasse, Dr. Clemens Stewing
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Karl-Ulrich Köhler
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Duisburg
Eintragung im Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Duisburg HRB 4716
http://www.hkm.de