ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: publish / retrieve contents of a folder as artifact
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:21:14 GMT
Did you already create a JIRA ticket regarding the file location for your trigger?

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Ross Camara <rmcamara@us.ibm.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:21:40 PM
Subject: Re: publish / retrieve contents of a folder as artifact

We had the same need with ivy. Our solution to this problem was to create a
zip file of the folders and list the zip files as artifacts. However when
you perform the retrieve they are still zipped up which isn't very useful.
To combat this we gave all folder zips a special type value of 'dir'. Then
registering a download trigger that filtered only on that type, the trigger
would unzip the folder and put it in the correct location. One problem we
ran into was that the 'file' location that is supplied to trigger points to
the zip file in the cache and not to a copied version of that in your
retrieve folder.

Ross Camara
Software Developer
(703) 390-9923
rmcamara@us.ibm.com

  From:       Will Johnson <willjohnsonsearch@gmail.com>

  To:         <ivy-user@ant.apache.org>

  Date:       08/06/2008 08:24 AM

I was wondering if anyone has pointers on how to setup ivy to publish and
then retrieve the entire contents of a folder and all subfolders.  Many of
my projects have directories that contain configuration files, properties
files, etc and they need to be treated as artifacts along with the jars.
It
looks like I might be able to use the publications/artifact elements in my
module definition however I don't want to have to add a specific artifact
every time I add a file to the folder, ideally I could setup some kind of
path like structure similar to how I was copying them before in ant.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

-          will