ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Ivy bug with evicted modules
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:10:05 GMT
Hi Jimmy,

You can contribute a test case by creating a new JIRA issue and attach the test case to it.

regards,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Jimmy Wan <jimmy@indeed.com>
To: Ivy User <ivy-user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 7:43:48 PM
Subject: Ivy bug with evicted modules

I'm seeing the following problem:

We have the following general configuration structure:
<configurations defaultconfmapping="master->master(default)">
    <conf name="master"/>
    <conf name="test" extends="master"/>
    <conf name="webapp" extends="master"/>
</configurations>

module 'myproject' has a dependency on module 'manyrevisionsparent'

module 'manyrevisionsparent 1.0' has a dependency on 'manyrevisionschild 1.0'
module 'manyrevisionsparent 1.1' has a dependency on 'manyrevisionschild 1.1'
module 'manyrevisionschild 1.0' has a dependency on 'testdependency'
module 'manyrevisionschild 1.1' has a 'test->default' dependency on 'testdependency'

When I build 'myproject', the 'master' and 'webapp' configurations end up
with a dependency on 'testdependency'.

I understand that this might not be that easy to follow. Is there a
recommended way to contribute a test case? I looked for an existing issue but
didn't see one that matched this exact case.