ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject problem with artifact constraint on dependency
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:09:57 GMT
I am trying to use the artifact restriction on a dependency:

                                <dependency name="B" rev="latest.development" transitive="false"
conf="*->@">
                                                <artifact name="jarfile" type="jar" ext="jar"
ext:path="" ext:home="" ext:homeType=""/>
                                </dependency>

However, this seems to be messing up other dependencies higher up in the chain.  For example,
if A is dependent on B with the artifact restriction shown and C is dependent on A, then C
does not get the rest of the artifacts of B.  I suppose this makes sense so I added a direct
dependency of C to B in addition to its direct dependency on A.  That means C is dependent
on A and B so that it can bypass the artifact restriction that A causes and go directly to
B.  This worked, by I should add that the order of A and B in the dependencies section of
C's ivy.xml file was important (which I think is a bug, the listing order of dependencies
in an ivy.xml should be irrelevant).

So I was able to recover from this artifact restriction by making a direct dependency to B.
 But now the problem is if D is dependent on C.  I cannot get D to get the complete B dependency.
 Somehow the artifact restriction from A is messing up everybody higher up in the chain.

I am using rev 675585 of ivy source.  Has this been fixed since that revision?  Is this a
bug?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.