ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE and properties in ivy.xml files
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:28:50 GMT
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Patrick Aikens <paikens@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've asked this before and received no answers, so I want to try one more
> time
> before giving in to maintaining a patch on top of ivy or ivyde...
>
> We use ant properties in our ivy.xml files to point to an external file
> that
> defines the configurations used in our modules and specify versions of
> dependencies.  IvyDE doesn't know how to deal with these properties - is
> there
> any way to make this work in Eclipse, or would we have to make IvyDE or ivy
> itself evaluate the properties in Eclipse?  I can't imagine that we're the
> only
> ones using properties for dependency versions since it wouldn't be trivial
> make sure that all ivy.xml files across a large set of projects keep the
> version
> of, say, log4j they use in sync.

The workaround is to use settings specific to IvyDE which merely include
your usual settings + load the properties file in which you define your
versions. But I think there's an open issue in IvyDE JIRA asking to support
properties loading in IvyDE directly to avoid this 'trick', feel free to
submit a patch.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/