ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bushel: Making using OSGi bundles and Ivy a little easier
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 15:48:53 GMT
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Alex Radeski <alex@radeski.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been working on a simple tool to make working with OSGi bundles
> and Ivy easier. It is currently an Ant Task that will generate a local
> Ivy repo from a bunch of bundles. It was initially intended for use with
> the Eclipse RCP SDK, but should work for any collection of bundles.
>
> You can download it from here: http://code.google.com/p/bushel/
>
> And there is a more detailed tutorial here:
> http://code.google.com/p/bushel/wiki/HowToUseIvyWithYourOsgiProject
>
> With the help of Jerome Benois, we are now working on integrating the
> functionality as an Ivy resolver and manifest parser to avoid duplicate
> copies of bundles (they will be used in situ) and provide transitive
> dependencies. We should have something ready to go by mid next week.

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing this with us. Unfortunately I
won't have time to check this before end of august, but I'm definitely
interested!

BTW, I just suggested to Jan Materne to create a page in our confluence wiki
to add links to external tools and plugins. Yours would obviously be a nice
addition to this (upcoming) page.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/