ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alex Radeski <a...@radeski.net>
Subject Bushel: Making using OSGi bundles and Ivy a little easier
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 06:54:35 GMT
Hi,

I have been working on a simple tool to make working with OSGi bundles
and Ivy easier. It is currently an Ant Task that will generate a local
Ivy repo from a bunch of bundles. It was initially intended for use with
the Eclipse RCP SDK, but should work for any collection of bundles.

You can download it from here: http://code.google.com/p/bushel/

And there is a more detailed tutorial here:
http://code.google.com/p/bushel/wiki/HowToUseIvyWithYourOsgiProject

With the help of Jerome Benois, we are now working on integrating the
functionality as an Ivy resolver and manifest parser to avoid duplicate
copies of bundles (they will be used in situ) and provide transitive
dependencies. We should have something ready to go by mid next week.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. I would also be interested in
hearing how others setup their OSGi projects using Ivy.

Cheers,
Alex
http://ezaero.blogspot.com/