ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Brian Matzon <mat...@certus.dk>
Subject Dynamic revisions fails
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:33:50 GMT
I am having a hard time getting dynamic revisions to work from our local
repo.

The setup uses multiple resolvers in the form of local (filesystem),
internal(sft/http), external(http), chained in the same order
I can compile a module (1.0.0) and publish to local with no issues. I
can also install from the local repo to the internal (via sftp resolver).

I then nuke all references to the module in the local repo and cache.

When I try to resolve dependencies for another project using the default
chain resolver (local->internal) nothing works. My dependency specifies
rev=1.0.+ which is looked up exactly as is - no changing of the + symbol.

If I then install from the internal repo to local - every thing works
perfectly.

So, I think it has to do with the url resolver not supporting dynamic
revisions, however the documentations says:
*Handle latest:** *yes with http urls (and apache server) and with file
urls, no with other urls

I am using http urls and an apache server - so not sure whats going on?

(and not sure how apache magically copes with the ivy syntax when doing
lookups?)

--
Brian Matzon
Certus