ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE and properties in ivy.xml files
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:48:20 GMT
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 09:32:50AM +0200, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Patrick Aikens <paikens@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I understand the workaround you're talking about... what
> > do you mean by "settings specific to IvyDE which merely include your
> > usual settings + load the properties file in which you define your
> > versions" - what settings would that be?
>

> Something like:
> ---8<---
> <ivysettings>
>   <properties file="/path/to/properties.to.load.properties" />
>   <include file="/path/to/ivysettings-used-from-ant.xml"/>
> </ivysettings>
> ---8<---

We have been having a similar problem but more complex in that some of
the properties are determined at runtime in ant before ivy is invoked.

So my personal wish list for IvyDE has it that we can somehow configure
IvyDE to execute an ant "hook" target, which would allow basically the
context to be set up the same as if it's a command line build.

Cheers.
--
Jing