ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Nascif.AbousalhN...@sas.com>
Subject Question on attributes
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 02:30:54 GMT
Hi,

I am considering the use of extra attributes to store the result of a process that is executed
as part of the build, just before we publish the new version. I think it would meet our needs
and allow us to optimize the process of recovering this information (since we will later have
to recover the module anyway).

My concern though is this paragraph in the Ivy documentation (from http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/concept.html)
Example:
Here is an ivy file with the attribute 'color' set to blue:
<ivy-module version="2.0" xmlns:e="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/extra">
        <info organisation="apache"
               module="foo"
               e:color="blue"
               status="integration"
               revision="1.59"
        />
</ivy-module>
Then you must use the extra attribute when you declare a dependency on foo. Those extra attributes
will indeed be used as identifier for the module like the org the name and the revision:
<dependency org="apache" name="foo" e:color="blue" rev="1.5+" />
And you can define your repository pattern as:
${repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[color]/[revision]/[artifact].[ext]

It says that I “must use the extra attribute”, but what if I don’t want to? I don’t
want to change the layout of my repository or change all my ivy.xml dependencies, I just want
to use an extra attribute as an annotation or a tag, that I might (or not) refer to later
after resolving the module.

Would that be possible?
Thanks,
  Nascif

Nascif Abousalh-Neto
Software Development Manager
Query and Reporting  ▪ Business Intelligence Clients
Tel: + 1 919 531 0123 - Nascif.AbousalhNeto@sas.com
www.sas.com
SAS® … THE POWER TO KNOW®