ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nascif Abousalh-Neto <>
Subject install and module settings
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:42:35 GMT

We started using the install task to mirror repositories so that geographically distributed
teams can experience the same performance as the teams co-located with the main repository.

It is basically working, but we had to work around what seems a limitation in the current
implementation. Install takes two resolvers as input, a source and a target; but in an ivy
settings you can specify multiple entry points for resolution in the form of the default resolver
plus the organization/module specific resolvers defined in the module settings.

Our workaround was to create a new resolver chain that points to all the possible resolvers
in the source settings environment; but perhaps a more elegant solution would be for install
to take as parameters two setting references, and derive the required resolvers from there.
Not only this would better deal with the input problem, it would allow modules that have been
allocated to different resolvers to remain separated; right now install will merge all modules
under the same, unique, target resolver.

Is there a different approach to solve this problem? Should I open a Jira entry with this

Nascif Abousalh-Neto
Software Development Manager
Query and Reporting  ▪ Business Intelligence Clients
Tel: + 1 919 531 0123 -

View raw message