ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: .bundle extension in ivy retrieve... im so confused
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:53:26 GMT
Very strange indeed...
Please open a JIRA issue for this

Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: rednix <zerobox@gmx.de>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 8:27:29 PM
Subject: Re: .bundle extension in ivy retrieve... im so confused

Jim White wrote:

> Maarten Coene wrote:
>
>> This is a known bug in Ivy-2.0.0-beta2 and is fixed in SVN.
>>
>> regards,
>> Maarten
>
> And the workaround is to add an artifact element with ext='jar' to the
> dependenency.
>
>  From my post on 5/2:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=ivy-user&m=120842825928326&w=2
> http://marc.info/?l=ivy-user&m=120842941430186&w=2
>
> Add this within the <dependency> element:
>
> <artifact name="spring-security-core" ext="jar"/>
>
> Or in this case the name is "spring-security-cas-client".
>
> Jim

I tried the latest trunk version from SVN (2.0.0-rc1-local-20080805174033)
and indeed - the jar from the bundle is now retrieved (and not
something.bundle as it was before). But unfortunately the corresponding
ivy-file is no longer correct. Every dependency is missing and the
configurations as well. The status attribute of the info-tag is "release"
but using the old ivy-2.0.0-alpha2-incubating.jar (where we got only
*.bundle but the ivy-file is ok) the status attribute says "integration".
The publication attribute differs as well. This is not only the case with
org.springframework.security / spring-security-cas-client but with every
artifacts defined as a bundle in public repositories.

Here are the two different ivy files for spring-security-cas-client 2.0.1:

using the old ivy-2.0.0-alpha2-incubating.jar:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
    <info organisation="org.springframework.security"
        module="spring-security-cas-client"
        revision="2.0.1"
        status="integration"
        publication="20080502153453"
    />
    <configurations>
        <conf name="default" visibility="public" description="runtime dependencies
and master artifact can be used with this conf" extends="runtime,master"/>
        <conf name="master" visibility="public" description="contains only the
artifact published by this module itself, with no transitive dependencies"/>
        <conf name="compile" visibility="public" description="this is the default
scope, used if none is specified. Compile dependencies are available in all
classpaths."/>
        <conf name="provided" visibility="public" description="this is much like
compile, but indicates you expect the JDK or a container to provide it. It
is only available on the compilation classpath, and is not transitive."/>
        <conf name="runtime" visibility="public" description="this scope indicates
that the dependency is not required for compilation, but is for execution.
It is in the runtime and test classpaths, but not the compile classpath."
extends="compile"/>
        <conf name="test" visibility="private" description="this scope indicates
that the dependency is not required for normal use of the application, and
is only available for the test compilation and execution phases."/>
        <conf name="system" visibility="public" description="this scope is similar
to provided except that you have to provide the JAR which contains it
explicitly. The artifact is always available and is not looked up in a
repository."/>
    </configurations>
    <publications>
        <artifact name="spring-security-cas-client" type="bundle" ext="bundle"
conf="master"/>
    </publications>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="org.springframework.security" name="spring-security-core"
rev="2.0.1" force="true"
conf="compile->compile(*),master(*);runtime->runtime(*)"/>
        <dependency org="org.jasig.cas" name="cas-client-core" rev="3.1.1"
force="true" conf="compile->compile(*),master(*);runtime->runtime(*)"/>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

using org.apache.ivy_2.0.0.rc1_20080805174033.jar:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="1.0">
    <info organisation="org.springframework.security"
        module="spring-security-cas-client"
        revision="2.0.1"
        status="release"
        publication="20080806200914"
        default="true"
    />
    <configurations>
        <conf name="default" visibility="public"/>
    </configurations>
    <publications>
        <artifact name="spring-security-cas-client" type="jar" ext="jar"
conf="default"/>
    </publications>
</ivy-module>

Currently I'm doing two resolves as a workaround: first one with the old jar
to get the correct ivy.xml and a second one using the new one to get the
jar. Then merging the good parts of the xmls to get the proper one. But this
is just annoying. I hope this will be fixed in the final. Should I open an
issue on the bugtracker for this?