ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Carlton" <Carlton.Br...@compucredit.com>
Subject What is special about the master configuration
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:52:44 GMT
Hi All,

Recently, I needed to retrieve log4j non-transitively from Maven 2
central (because the log4j pom states dependencies on jarfiles that are
not stored there).   The problem is that the transitivity relationship
is defined only in the ivy:resolve task, not in the ivy.xml file.   So
it seemed impossible to resolve some dependencies transitively and
others non-transitively in the same ivy:resolve call.

Somehow I stumbled upon a kludge of specifying a master->master
configuration mapping (which worked just fine).   How and why does this
work?  Can I rely upon it to work in every situation, is it possible
that it might break in some future version of Ivy?  I can no longer find
the origin of this advice, so I return to the mailing list to ask if
anyone knows.

Thanks in advance,
Carlton