ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <pier.fumaga...@joost.com>
Subject How does "transitive" work???
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 17:14:00 GMT
I have a tad of a problem, and I'm not sure I understand correctly
what "transitive" mean in the context of resolving paths for post
resolve tasks.

I have the following ant-file snippet:

     <!-- Resolve all of the ivy defined configurations -->
     <ivy:resolve conf="*"/>

     <!-- Create a few paths for the configurations we need -->
     <ivy:cachepath pathid="nontrans" conf="compile"
transitive="false" type="jar"/>
     <ivy:cachepath pathid="yestrans" conf="compile"
transitive="true"  type="jar"/>

Now, I would expect (as far as I understand "transitive-ness") for the
two paths to be different: the first one containing only the direct
dependancies of my project, and the second one containing the
dependancies of my projects, and their dependancies, and so on...

But what I get is the exact same path, any clue?

	Pier