ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject RE: When using Ivy, how do you get your IDE "code completion" to see the jar files that your build grabs via Ivy?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:28:07 GMT
Yes.   You must at least run the build once to get the dependencies, then you refresh your
ivy classpath container.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Duffey [mailto:andjarnic@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 12:25 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: When using Ivy, how do you get your IDE "code completion" to see the jar files that
your build grabs via Ivy?

We are starting to use Ivy in our build scripts. We're wondering how the "initial" use of
Ivy works such that, if project A depends on B, when I use Netbeans to do something like code
completion on a class in B.jar, it wont initially pop up because I have not yet run my build
so that Ivy can pull down B for the build to work. After the initial build, even so, if the
B.jar is in some location outside my normal <project>/lib (or what have you) path, my
IDE still wont see the jar to allow code completion and such to work.

So what does the Ivy community at large do about this? Do they do a "precompile" to pull down
the jar dependencies? Do they specify in there project a ivy local cache to find jar files
in.. (and thus, do a pre-build to pull down the dependencies so that they are there when adding
the jars to the IDE project)?

Thanks.